A Year in Review
This year has been a continued learning experience while combating new obstacles the Covid-19 variant has brought. We’ve managed to make progress in any environment, however, and we’re thrilled with what the team at ArchitectureEL has accomplished in 2021. We’re incredibly proud of how well our team has adapted to a new workplace design, working from a home office, and maintaining our clients needs above all else. The Covid-19 pandemic has continued to introduce unprecedented disruption to office environments across the country but we’ve refreshed our own office space and have provided our partners and clientele with creative designs without interruption in productivity.
Here’s a look at a few projects we’ve had the pleasure of working on in 2021:
- We’ve partnered with Home City Development and began work on the former Gemini site in the South End of Springfield. Once completed, the development will include 33 for-sale residential units, to be known as Gemini Townhomes. This project will expand home ownership in the South End by over 150%.
- We’ve completed the design of a new space for the Local 104 Plumbers Union serving all of Western Massachusetts and Southern Vermont. Local 104 is a proud member of the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry of the United States and Canada.
- We’ve branched out and have a presence on Cape Cod! We love being a part of the Cape Cod community and look forward to continuing to support the Cape and their historical preservation efforts.
- With the help of the Community Builders, we’ve completed the second phase of the Lyman Terrace housing development. This 164-unit, aging property was one of the country’s oldest public housing developments and was facing demolition, due to its functional outdated nature. We rehabilitated and built 76 apartments that have served as a home to families in Holyoke for more than 80 years. The addition of approximately 200 square feet to each apartment was done to accommodate new kitchens and baths, which will allow for improved unit ventilation and air quality. In addition, the design provides for enhanced accessibility throughout the site.
- We began working with The Community Builders, in the design of 500 units of affordable housing as part of the Plumley and Main revitalization. AEL is strong in its commitment to exceptional design in the affordable housing market and in its belief that we must reduce our carbon footprint. We are pleased not only to be able to renovate the existing structures at Plumley, but to be engaging in a deep energy retrofit of one of the structures.
- Architecture Environment Life Inc. held true to its name throughout this past year. We are a stronger team that is capable of meeting the needs of all our clients, despite what obstacles are thrown at us! We’d like to thank each individual on our team for all of the hard work you put in. We can’t thank you enough for all that you do, we appreciate you.